History
The first pavilion was built in 1899 and expanded in 1909. In 1929, a new pavilion with impressive towers was erected on the island. In July 1946, the clubhouse burned down, and Runar Finnilä designed a new clubhouse, which was completed in June 1949. During construction, Finnilä was elected commodore of the club. The dining room is decorated with glasswork, ceramics, and murals by Michael Schilkin and Björn Landström.
The old HSS clubhouse, which was destroyed in a fire in 1946, during the 1936 Helsinki Regatta.
International sailing competitions, August 11–13, 1950. Spectators in Liuskasaari, organized by the Helsinki Sailing Club (HSS), in front of the HSS pavilion.
